Saturday, October 11, 2008

Annoying Political Pollsters

Reason, Rational Self-Interest

I had two different pairs of wandering pollsters appear at my door today, both sporting Obama stickers on their shirts. (Whatever happened to campaign buttons? I haven't seen one yet this year.) Usually I tell them to get lost, but today I felt magnanimous so I took the time to answer their questions. The first asked who I'm voting for, for president and congressman. I answered McCain and my local incumbent,1 and that was the end of the interview.

The second asked if I knew who I was going to vote for, for president. I answered Yep. After the uncomfortable pause I knew would follow (I imagine that, and wonder why, most people are quite eager to blurt out their choice) one of the pair asked, Would you mind telling us who it is? (Me inside at that point: ) I replied, Not your guy, that's for sure. Also end of interview.

So, since I expect more to follow, I made a handout to save time. It's based on my earlier post, and it looks like this:

McCain Sucks.
Obama's Worse.

(Not that there's much difference, but one of these assholes will be running the country whether you vote or not. Might as well make it the not-worse one.)
http://fourrs.blogspot.com/

I'm also going to put one in my car window. I'd put one on my front door, but I think it'll be more fun to hand it to them in person.

1Republican Charlie Dent, who is average at best but enormously better than his power-lusting, conniving, lying, back-stabbing Democratic opponent, Siobhan Sam Bennett, whom I happen to know, and loathe, personally. Knowing what I know about her, I wouldn't doubt that she gave herself that nickname because she thought her real first name would be too odd-sounding for most voters. That's a mild example of how she thinks.

Back to top

No comments: